Are H1 Tags Necessary for SEO in 2021?Jul 11, 2021 | Reading Time: 2 minutes
The usage of headings and subheadings is equally essential, especially for your website’s on-page SEO. Unfortunately, many people are not aware of using these in the correct form to get the maximum benefits. Hence, it is recommended to ask assistance from a digital agency, which is an expert in optimizing websites to fully leverage headings in your website’s content.
What is H1 Tag?
In simplest terms, H1
is an HTML tag that indicates a heading on a website and is usually the first header visible on a page.
HTML has six different heading tags; h1, h2, h3, and so on, so each page can have multiple headings. The h1 is considered the most important tag, and the h6 is the least important.
Why are H1 tags still necessary for SEO in 2021?
- H1 Tags Improve Website’s Usability and Accessibility
When it comes to page display and searchability, having a clear and relevant H1 allows the content to be read with ease and ensures that the content is suitable when a user lands on a page. Professional SEO consultants in Dubai say that a good H1 heading should describe the page’s content in just a few words, so one of the most important reasons to use H1s properly is for usability purposes.
- H1 Tags Impacts Search Engine Optimization
Search engines, like Google, use spiders to crawl web pages and index websites. When this happens, spiders pay the most attention to the content wrapped in H1 tags. This means that placing keywords into your H1 is important to try and help your search engine position.
H1 Tags Best Practices
- The H1 tag should be the same or slightly different than the page title
- Use keywords in your headings
- Avoid very long headings
- Make sure that your H1 tag is visible and not hidden from users
- Style your H1 tag differently than the rest of the headings
- Use headings in a hierarchical manner
- Use only one h1 tag per page
- H1 tags should match the user intent
By now, you should be able to understand why headings are necessary to attract more readers and make them engage with your web page. By doing so, you can make the overall experience of the readers way better.
If you need help improving your website’s ranking, or don’t have time to write new H1 tags or work on your site’s SEO, Creativo can help. As a leading agency that offers various SEO packages and other digital marketing services, we have helped hundreds of clients across the UAE find success online. Contact one of our web strategists today for more information.
- 5 Important Steps When Developing an Ecommerce Website
- Pros and Cons of Using AI-Generated Content for SEO
- Web Designer vs Web Developer: Big 5 Differences
- How to Run a Successful Instagram Marketing Strategy in 2023
- 5 Ways To Improve Your B2B LinkedIn Marketing Campaigns (2023)
- Mobile SEO vs Desktop SEO: Differences
- Back to Blog Listing