It sounds like a straightforward question, “What do visitors want from your website?” As a business website owner, it is easy to become overly focused on what you want your website visitors to do. However, from a strategic perspective, it is equally important to have an understanding of what your visitors really want and what a website should have.
Every visitor to your website has a question — lots of them. These questions must be answered before any visitor can become a customer. Here are some:
1. Tell me about your products or services
Most of the time, customers don’t have the time to visit every page of a website. It is possible that from the very first glance, they don’t understand your business or more specifically your product offerings.
- Add a brief description of your products or services.
- Make sure that your homepage describes your products in the best way, so that customers get a clear idea right away.
2. What’s in it for me?
Internet marketing companies say that once the website visitor gets an idea about your products and services, the next most common query they probably have is how it will benefit them.
- Describe the product/services features and benefits with effective visuals.
- Benefits should be included in a prominent location on your website.
3. Tell me about the pricing
Once website visitors are getting interested in your products and services, they would probably ask for the pricing.
- Add a detailed ‘Pricing’ page on your website.
- Display offers and deals very clearly and in the most prominent places on the webpage.
- Set pricing based frequently asked questions of website visitors.
4. Who else is using your product?
Reviews from other people are an important part of the buying decision of website visitors. Thus, reviews and testimonials are one of the most important things for a website.
- Add customer testimonials, reviews, ratings on your website.
- Add logos of renowned companies who are using your services.
5. How can I reach you if needed?
Before buying any product online, people always have one concern: how to reach to the company in case they face any issue with the product or service. So, to answer this on your website, you should:
- Make sure you have a ‘Contact Us’ page on your website.
- All the ‘Contact Us’ links on your website should work properly.
- Your team should provide an instant reply to all customer queries.
Depending on your particular case, some of these questions might not be relevant and thus your homepage does not need to answer all of them. Treat this as a short list of the most common questions people are looking for when they visit a website for the first time and then choose to answer those questions that worry your audience the most.
If you need help in structuring your website properly in accordance to your business model, Creativo can surely help.