Online shopping has become a multibillion-dollar revenue stream. It’s not a surprise that most businesses consider building an online web shop.
Consumers are drawn to e-shops because they are easily accessible, open 24/7, offer lower prices and a wider variety of goods than their physical store counterparts.
- Online shopping retail sales are predicted to grow steadily to $370 billion in 2017.
- Consumers ages 25 to 34 compare prices, read reviews, buy products, and engage with brands more on social media, than physical stores.
- 78% of shoppers use the internet to purchase or research future purchases every year.
- Around 72% of Millennials research and shop their options online, before going to a store.
- 36% of Millennials say they buy items they deem necessary online, for which one-third are willing to pay full price.
- Online retail revenue saw an 11 percent year-over-year growth rate for the first quarter of 2014, with online orders up 13 percent compared to the same quarter last year.
When it comes to starting an online store, part of the decision to make is the platform to use to power your e-commerce site. Creativo is the only Preferred Partner of OXID in the Middle East.
One of the most common web shop platforms, OXID is written using PHP and MySQL. It allows shop owners to define a product catalogue, set prices and payment methods, manage inventory, and respond to orders.
Creativo is also offering its own web shop, which can be completely custom made for your specific requirements. It will give you the option to select all features required w/o any additional functions, which aren’t required.
To set up your online shop, we’ll make sure that you have everything you need for a successful installation of your web shop. To know more, please contact us.