Impact of Mobile-First Indexing to Your Online BusinessSep 15, 2019 | Reading Time: 2 minutes
It is no doubt that mobile has overtaken the web for the past couple of years and as expected, Google has made some important changes to reflect this. In 2016, the search engine giant announced the mobile-first indexing. This will reward websites that make mobile their priority with strong search rankings and the traffic that goes with them. It is not just on mobile, but across all search.
WHAT IS MOBILE FIRST INDEXING?
Before mobile-first indexing was introduced, your business’ desktop website was the most important version in terms of data crawling. The Google bots would scan your site’s content, then evaluate the relevance of your page to a user’s search.
However, since mobile has been dominating the online search, Google decided to make a 180-degree shift. With this algorithm change, internet marketing companies in Dubai say that the Google bots will primarily use the mobile version of your website’s content for indexing and ranking your position in the SERP (search engine result pages).
This doesn’t mean your desktop website no longer exists or get crawled. If people search for a keyword related to your business using a desktop computer, the user would still find the desktop version of your site.
It is important to keep in mind that the main purpose of any website, whether it is a desktop or mobile version, is to provide your customers with vital and relevant information that accomplishes their goals.
WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN FOR YOUR BUSINESS WEBSITE?
This only means that having a mobile friendly website is no longer just a “nice-to-have” feature for your site visitors. Your mobile site is now the primary source for Google to crawl and index your website’s content and measure your website’s performance and usability.
As a business, mobile optimization along with local search engine optimization should be on the top of your list if you want a better ranking in SERP.
TIPS FOR CREATING A USER-FRIENDLY RESPONSIVE MOBILE DESIGN
It is always recommended that whenever you develop content for any digital platform, you must now focus on mobile design, make it as great and user-friendly as you can, then build off that success for your desktop version. Here are more tips to have a mobile-friendly website.
- Your site’s load time needs to be fast. Mobile conversion is a battle of seconds, if your site fails to fast than what user is expecting, your conversion percentages drop drastically.
- Both your mobile & desktop website should have structured data.
- Update URLs on your mobile website. Take out any unnecessary data if it is not relevant to the content of the page.
- Make the purchase process easy for your customer.
- Ensure that your meta tags, including titles and descriptions are equivalent on both versions of all pages.
Fortunately, a reputable digital marketing company, like Creativo can provide professional SEO services to help you and your business implement the tips mentioned above. This way, rest assured that the mobile first indexing will not affect your site’s performance negatively.
For a more in-depth education into creating a mobile-friendly website design and experience one of the best SEO services in UAE, get in touch with us now! Or give us a call at +971 4 568 4882
- 5 Important Steps When Developing an Ecommerce Website
- Pros and Cons of Using AI-Generated Content for SEO
- Web Designer vs Web Developer: Big 5 Differences
- How to Run a Successful Instagram Marketing Strategy in 2023
- 5 Ways To Improve Your B2B LinkedIn Marketing Campaigns (2023)
- Mobile SEO vs Desktop SEO: Differences
- Back to Blog Listing