Mobile Devices Now Crossed the 50% Mark of Growing TrafficJul 15, 2020 | Reading Time: 3 minutes
As more and more consumers ditch their desktops and laptops in favor of their smartphones for internet browsing, the overall percentage of mobile traffic increases. A recent study shows that 50.3% of all online shopping was done through mobile devices.
Mobile traffic is just what it sounds like. It is the online traffic that comes from a mobile device. Mobile devices include cell phones, smartphones, and tablets.
What is a mobile responsive website?
For the past few years, responsive web design has dominated websites. It changes the way businesses build their online presence. A website with responsive web design is a site that is capable of adapting and adjusting to the screen it is being used on, regardless of what device it is. This means that the website automatically reformats to give the user a better experience, that is well suited to their device, and can give your site some benefits and be in line with Google recommendations.
Why Responsive Design is Important for Business
- As mentioned above, responsive sites work well across different devices, and according to digital marketing agencies in Dubai, it will be this way for a considerable time to come.
- Having your site consistent and optimized no matter what platform you are using to view it from will provide a better experience to the user, which will lead them to engage with you rather than decide to go elsewhere.
- Responsive web design improves brand reputation. It enhances the overall user experience, which, in turn, leverages the brand reputation of respective companies.
- Responsive web design is cost-effective. Maintaining separate sites for your mobile and desktop audiences can be expensive. Using responsive design, you can save money by eliminating the cost of paying for a separate mobile site. You will only need to invest in a single site design to appeal to all visitors and all devices.
- Responsive design can help with SEO. Google gives credit to mobile-friendly websites. In combination with other SEO factors, responsiveness can boost search engine results.
Statistics about Mobile Internet Traffic
- In January 2019, 4.4 billion people were active internet users, and 3.5 billion were social media users.
- More than half of all video streaming comes from a mobile device.
- Global mobile data traffic is forecast to increase from 7 exabytes per month in 2016 to 49 exabytes per month by 2021.
- Mobile internet has grown 504% in daily media consumption since 2011.
- In 2019 there were 3,986 million unique mobile internet users. The total number of active internet users is 4,388 million.
- In July 2009, only 65,000 apps used to be available on the App Store. In 2019 there were 3.262 billion, 811 million of which are gaming apps.
- In 2017, 95% of Facebook users accessed their accounts via a mobile device.
- Since October 2016, mobile and tablet traffic has overtaken desktop traffic, according to Statcounter.
The statistics given above are proof that having a mobile responsive web design is no longer a trend; it’s a must. Having the ability to offer your consumers a great browsing experience no matter their choice of device means you will expand your service’s reach. This approach is incredibly valuable, and cost-effectiveness is a definite advantage.
Creativo is an agency specialising in web marketing in Dubai. We can help you build responsive web design, and ensure your site is ranked on Google. Contact us today to chat about your next project.
- Future of E-commerce Website Development: Trends and Predictions
- Importance of Local SEO for Small Businesses
- What is Web Application Security and How Does It Work?
- Key Differences between GA4 vs Universal Analytics
- 5 Important Steps When Developing an Ecommerce Website
- Pros and Cons of Using AI-Generated Content for SEO
- Back to Blog Listing