New Performance Reports on Google My Business ListingMar 17, 2021 | Reading Time: < 1
- On Google Search vs. Google Maps
- Between desktop and mobile devices
You can further:
- Backdate six months, previously three months
And finally see:
- Through which keywords users found you
In line with this update, Google has also updated their help document. They added a section called People viewed your business profile where it shows how many people saw your Business Profile on Google Search or Maps. It also shows a more comprehensive list of search terms that triggered your business profile to appear in the results.
A user can be counted a limited number of times if they visit your Business Profile on multiple devices and platforms such as desktop or mobile and Google Maps or Google Search. Per breakdown device and platform, a user can only be counted once a day. Multiple daily visits are not counted.
There are some cautions Google pointed out:
- Since this metric represents the number of unique users, it may be lower than the number of views you find on Google My Business and in email notifications.
- Since the metric focuses on views of the Business Profile, as opposed to overall views of the Business on Google, it may also be lower than the number of views you find on Google My Business and in email notifications.
This new performance report gives us even more insight into how customers and users find your or your customer’s businesses. The more insights and analytics we can get from Google, the more informed we can be and the better we can assist customers in receiving more inquiries and improving our eCommerce sales.