Ways To Get Your Pages Indexed By GoogleJun 27, 2021 | Reading Time: 2 minutes
Are you not getting enough organic traffic on your website? If yes, digital agencies in UAE say that it might be possible that Google isn’t indexing your site. When this happens, your website won’t appear in its search results, leading to not getting any visitors from search engines.
What is Google Indexing, and How Does it Work?
In simple terms, indexing means adding a website and its pages to Google’s database, so your website appears in its search results when someone types in keywords that are related to your business.
In addition to this, Google finds new web pages through a process called crawling. It’s how the search engine discovers new content on your website by following different hyperlinks, which include inbound and outbound links. Once Google finds these pages, it then adds them to its vast database.
Ways To Get Your Pages Indexed By Google
- Create and Submit a Sitemap to Search Engines – One of the most effective ways to help Google index your website is by creating an XML sitemap. A sitemap is a list of important pages on your website and is written in XML format so search engine crawlers can easily understand it. By creating a sitemap, you’re helping search engine bots navigate your website, discover new content, and index your pages.
- Use Fetch As Google– Google Search Console offers a feature that allows you to input a URL for Google to “Fetch”. After submission, Googlebot will visit your page and index.
- Remove Nofollow Tags from Internal Links– There are times that your web pages aren’t being indexed because Google can’t crawl them. Most of the time, because you have internal links with a rel=“no follow” tag. Search engine bots will not crawl the link and skip them during the crawling process. Local SEO services in Dubai can help you remove nofollow tags on your website to allow Google to follow the link(s) and discover the content on the webpage.
- Check Robots.txt File for Crawl Blocks– The next area to check why your site isn’t indexing is to look at the robots.txt file. This file tells Google where they can go and where they can’t go on your website.
- Regularly Publish Content –You can let Google do its routine, and they’ll eventually crawl and index your site. This can take as little as 4 days and up to 6 months.
Google’s Index process is one of the most important parts of their whole search algorithm, and it pays if you have a basic understanding of these facets.
Suppose your business needs a proper strategy for Google to index your website, boost your SEO performance with high rankings. In that case, Creativo offer competitive SEO packages to help your business increase its visibility online. Got more questions? Call us at +971 4 568 4391.