The online world has brought all things to our fingertips, from buying groceries to researching our next new car purchase. Once a place for posting a website to promote your business, the internet is now evolving to be a forum where consumers evaluate products and services based on online business reviews from other, like-minded consumers.
Most commonly, online business reviews and customer experiences are used in services like E-commerce, hospitality, travel and other industries where the customer wants to listen to other customers before making his own decisions. At such times, the desired customer review can get you a lot of business.
Here is a list of reasons from marketing and advertising companies in Dubai on why customer reviews and recommendations are important nowadays.
1. Increased Sales – The biggest reason why online reviews are important to businesses is that it ultimately increases sales. It is through giving customers the information they need to make the decision to purchase a product or service from a business.
2. On-site Ranking – Having customer reviews on your site can have a positive impact on your business’ organic search rankings in search engines. Each new review written about a product on your site increases the amount of unique content your site offers on that product. This means that you will be seen as having higher authority, more relevance which leads to getting those pages ranked.
3. Off-site Ranking – The positive reviews you have on external websites might actually have a bigger impact on your rankings than the reviews on your own site. This is because Google’s local search algorithm incorporates data from a number of third-party directories and review sites, such as Yelp and Trip Advisor. This benefit also proves Google reviews’ importance.
4. Allow Consumers to Have a Voice and Create Consumer Loyalty – Customers who take the time to leave an online review for business are far more likely to feel a certain loyalty to your business and keep coming back. Through the act of leaving a review and establishing a relationship with the business, it allows your customers to feel like they have a voice and are able to provide feedback in a positive and meaningful way.
Some important statistics that shows the importance of customer reviews:
- 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- Customers are likely to spend 31% more on business with “excellent” reviews.
- 72% say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more.
- 92% of users will use a local business if it has at least a 4-star rating
- 72% of consumers will take action only after reading a positive review.
The Bottom Line
Business reviews, online or offline, are highly important. Not only are they vital to a vast majority of online shoppers but are also responsible for securing your online visibility in organic search rankings.
If you need tips on how to gain more positive reviews online and how to deal on negative reviews, talk to the expert! Get in touch us at email@example.com.